Website copy which resonates with your target market and gets the message across!
WE STEP INTO THE SHOES OF YOUR CLIENTELE TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!
Writing for websites is an art. It needs to be cut-through and resonate with your target audience, offer solutions to their problems and communicate benefits, not just features of your service. This is further complicated by the need for it to have adequate ‘keyword density’ for SEO purposes.
In our experience, we have seen clients suffer from ‘analysis paralysis’ and or simply procrastinate on the supply of content for their website due to struggling with finding the right words or being overwhelmed with trying to include a specific keyword or phrase in their copy. At the end of the day, you are an expert in your respective field, and not a writer. So it makes sense to leave the writing side to someone who is somewhat of a wordsmith.
At The Creative Collective, we provide a professional copywriting service for website Copywriting or SEO Copywriting purposes.
THIS SERVICE SUITS PEOPLE WHO:
- Marketing Managers or Business Owners who are time poor and struggling to find dedicated ‘chunks’ in their diary to sit down and devote to website copy
- People who recognise the value of using experts
- Business owners who struggle to step out of the role of ‘service provider’, and into the role of the ‘customer/client’
- Marketing Managers, CEO’s or Business Owners who need a quick turnaround.
1. INITIAL BRIEFING SESSION
Prior to undertaking your copywriting project, we will take the time to get to know you, your business objectives, target market, competitive landscape and desired outcomes/uses for the content. Once we understand who you are targeting, we can start to set the ‘tone and voice’ for the copy – is it corporate, is it professional but fun, is it child-like, etc?
From there, we will look at your proposed website sitemap and establish what pages require content. We will also take a look at the keyword research conducted to establish what phrases have the highest demand (this enables us to ensure we optimise for the best keywords).
Looking at your sitemap, we may also offer recommendations to how we organise the information and name the ‘sections’ to ensure this will work best for your market. I.e if you have multiple markets, it may be best to organise content by user type – for example if you were offering after school tutoring services, you may order your information by topic, or by Parents/Teachers/Students.
The discussion items from this session make up the copywriting brief. We will then recap that brief to you post session via email for you to approve, which will be the basis from which we will work. We may ask you to provide us with additional supporting documentation such as old copy, competitors etc.
2. RESEARCH AND PROVISION OF A DRAFT
Once the brief is locked down, our copywriters will get to work on your website copy. Usually we start with a holistic look at what your competitors are doing, and also what similar businesses are doing here and afar. We call this phase ‘inspiration gathering’. In this step, we’ll really get to know the service offering.
With research conducted, it’s time to get writing.
We don’t plagarise, and there’s no ‘copy + paste’. Our writers start from scratch writing unique copy for your business which is on-brand, resonates with your market and communicates all the key info. This website copy will also be written in a way that it subtly builds your keyword density for SEO purposes. Once copy has been prepared, it will be provided to you for review – we generally ask you to read through the copy and make sure it is ‘technically’ correct when it comes to your service offering, and to let us know if there is anything you would like reworked/amended.
3. PROVISION OF FINAL WEBSITE COPY!
Once you have reviewed the copy, we will finalise this based on your feedback and provide 2 finished versions for your use – a clean copy, and an additional copy showing ‘mark-up’. If we are also providing your web development, a copy of this will also be provided to to the web team allocated to your web project.
WHY USE US FOR YOUR WEBSITE COPYWRITING?
- We have a number of writers on our team who’s experience heralds across most industries and business types. This means we can match a copywriter to your project. Based on knowledge of the subject matter, or experience writing for your target audience.
- Our copywriting service will kill 2 birds with one stone! It will be cut-through and resonate with your audience. Whilst still be written in a way that ticks all SEO boxes.
- Consistency – all website copy will carry the same tone and voice with consistency across language, formatting and punctuation.
- Speed of delivery – We can prepare and deliver website copywriting in a little as 1 week. (pending production schedules at the time of sign-off). In our experience copy is a struggle point for clients and can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 months (yes we have seen copy take 12 months to prepare!)
- Professional & Fun team to work with – we’re down to earth, real and know our stuff! You’ll love working with us.
HOW MUCH COPY IS ENOUGH? HOW MANY WORDS DO YOU RECOMMEND PER PAGE?
From an SEO perspective, we recommend a minimum of 300 words per page. However the more relevant content on a page, the better. Furthermore, we recommend a keyword density of 1 – 3% per page. However, it’s an art to get the level just right so that the content doesn’t read ‘spammy’.
HOW MUCH INFORMATION SHOULD WE PROVIDE PER PAGE?
Creating great website copywriting is about stepping into the shoes of your target audience. Before embarking on a copywriting project, our writers will evaluate ‘what is the key messages we need to communicate here?’ and ‘what is the problem that we are trying to resolve?’
- What the service is you provide
- Who that service suits
- Key points of difference
- The benefits of that service or the problems is solves
- How you deliver that service
HOW MUCH DOES WEBSITE COPYWRITING COST?
Copywriting charges vary depending on several aspects. These inlcude the amount of research, number of pages and the provision of supporting documentation required. Generally charged on a per page basis at 1 – 2 hours per page @$120 + GST per hour. Most websites would require around 8 – 15 pages however we have been involved in many larger copywriting projects of 40+ pages.
WHERE ELSE CAN I USE THE SUPPLIED COPY?
Your website is arguably the most central asset in your marketing mix, with many channels driving audiences back to your website for more information, enquiries or purchases. For this reason, your website copy is quite often the starting point for copy. Once this is supplied, we can used it for many other purposes. For example in marketing collateral, content for email broadcasts, etc.