Founder & Partner
Yvette Adams is a multi-award winning business woman who has started six businesses, has sold two, acquired one, and still owns three – The Creative Collective – a digital marketing agency specialising in social media; The Training Collective – a digital skills training organisation, and awardshub.com – an online portal which helps people find business awards to enter.
From 2019 to 2021 she was also one of 10 official Community Trainers for Facebook Australia & NZ passing globally recognised exams to demonstrate advanced-level proficiency in the Meta (formerly Facebook) family of products.
In April 2022 she suffered a series of strokes, heart surgery and COVID within 3 months which saw her transition to passive ownership of the companies, freeing her up for her health recovery and passions namely keynote speaking, writing, property investing, travelling, being a Mum to teens, and anything to do with the ocean.
She is passionate about supporting youth, education, technology and female leadership and is a twice published author. Originally from New Zealand, she spent most of her 20s travelling the world, interspersed with a career as a journalist before settling on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland in 2004.
For more see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yvetteadams
- 2013 – ICT Woman of the Year at the iAwards
- 2010 – Commonwealth Bank Business Owner category at the Telstra Business Womens Awards in Queensland.
- 2016 – named as a Digital Champion by Queensland Government and in 2015 she was recognised for making a significant contribution to science and innovation in Queensland and included on the department’s Queensland Science and Innovation Champion Hall of Fame
- 2018 – honoured in the Pearcey Hall of Fame at the Pearcey Awards which recognises individuals who have made very significant lifetime contributions to Australia’s ICT industry.
- Committee member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors Sunshine Coast branch from 2014 and Chair from 2016 – 2018.
- On the Sunshine Coast Council’s Knowledge & Professional Services task force for 4 years, becoming the Chair in 2016 until mid 2018
- Twice published author
- Previously guest on bi-weekly social media show which aired on ABC Sunshine Coast (90.3FM)
- Previously presented a show called Young Entrepreneurs which can be viewed on Bizversity, an app available on Google Play or the App Store. Download it for free!