Port Stephens Tourism
Destination Port Stephens (DPS) is a non-profit, incorporated body supported by Port Stephens Council (PSC) and owned by members, and autonomously managed by a board of nine industry representatives. The organisation conducts activities on behalf of its members, for the betterment of the region as a destination and to stimulate the local economy.
Having already been engaged on an ongoing basis to prepare and publish social media content on the DPS Facebook channel, we were also contracted to execute a one-off social media advertising campaign to drive up mid-week visitation to the Port Stephens region in the lead up to Easter 2022. Aims of the campaign included:
- To increase awareness within the target audiences of the tourism opportunities and bookable products that Port Stephens offers midweek travellers
- To increase awareness of Port Stephens as a travel destination
- Increase visitation to the Port Stephens Tourism landing page from target audiences
Our approach was divided into three core strategies:
1/ Targeted core audiences
Three awareness raising (TOFU) campaigns were set up to target each audience based on their demographics and interests, and directing traffic to the Port Stephens Tourism landing page.
2/ Inspire through content
Leveraging the high quality Incredible By Nature content, we showcased the magical experiences on offer in Port Stephens using aspiration video creatives. The campaign copy was enticing and strategically aligned to each target audience.
3/ Capture demand
After reviewing the results a week into the campaign, we created a fourth campaign (MOFU) to retarget users who had watched 50% or more of the video assets with action-focused messaging to encourage bookings.
All campaigns generated strong results and performed well above social media advertising industry benchmarks:
- Average click-through rate: 0.90% industry benchmark vs 1.97% actuals
- Average cost per click: $0.63 industry benchmark vs $0.48 actuals
- Total Reach: 43,137 Users
- Total Link Clicks: 1,700
- Total Amount Spent: $728.50
- Video Views: 6,308 (Greater than 3 secs)
- Post Interactions: 105 (Likes/Comments/Shares)