Westfund Health Insurance
Proudly regional, Westfund Health Insurance is the 11th largest health insurer in Australia, offering award-winning cover and care to the community.
Westfund approached The Creative Collective to assist them with their health insurance marketing, specifically to develop an effective social media strategy that aligned with Westfund’s broader communication objectives, streamline activity and identify the support needed for staff to deliver best practice social media to its audience.
The Creative Collective adopted a phased approach to achieve effective health insurance marketing, firstly performing a comprehensive audit of Westfund’s social media channels, before developing a robust and practical strategy for the Westfund to take forward into the future. The process included:
- Auditing Westfund’s current social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LInkedIn, YouTube) and identify initial opportunities and recommendations to inform the strategy.
- Detailed review of the social media activity of key competitors
- Carried out one-on-one interviews with five Westfund staff members to gather key insights and identify issues and opportunities
- Developed a detailed report featuring insights and social media best practice, which was presented to Westfund for consideration
The Creative Collective was then engaged for a 12-month period to manage the creation, scheduling and amplification of Westfund’s social media content, which aligned to Westfund’s broader communication objectives, create branded social media assets and drive awareness for the company’s offering through other digital marketing tactics.
Throughout the engagement, we executed the following:
- Elevated Westfund content to new audiences using a monthly boosting budget
- Developed a suite of social media template tiles that was successful in producing distinctive, engaging and on-brand content that was easily recognisable as being part of the Westfund brand.
- Executed a social media competition across Facebook and Instagram, driving brand awareness, page growth and engagement.
- 486 Page Likes
- Reached 748,438 people
- 149,795 Page and Post Engagements
- 891,926 Impressions
- 56,753 Link Clicks
- 184 new Followers
- Reached 1.71M people
- 2,028 Likes
- Generated 2.46M impressions
- 154 New Followers
- 24,461 Impressions
- 505 Link Clicks
- 6.63% Engagement rate (platform benchmark average: 3.16%)
We also shot & edited a series of videos showcasing Westfund grant recipients in local communities.