The National Clean Technologies Conference and Exhibition has announced the speaker line up for its 2019 event to be held on 29 to 31 May at The Events Centre in Caloundra, Queensland.
The event will see locals, interstate and international guests descend on The Events Centre in Caloundra to learn about trends in Cleantech from international and national leaders from the Cleantech industry with real world experience.
The conference and adjoining exhibition will encompass all clean technology growth areas including energy, waste, water, built environment and transport, and provide a forum for the Australian cleantech community to focus on ‘national’ issues and latest developments as well as the opportunity to come together to network, learn and do business.
Notable speakers for the conference include:
● Bianca Dragomir, CEO of Avaesen Cluster (the Valencian Cleantech Cluster in Spain),
the largest entrepreneurship clean-tech program of the European Union)
● Barry Du Bois, interior designer, master builder, TV presenter and sustainability advocate
● Veena Sahajwalla, Australian Research Council Laureate Professor, Director of SMaRT Centre, UNSW Sydney
Topic: Cleantech: Where innovation, economic benefit, disruption and social change meet
● Tim MacTaggart, Chief Deployment Officer of sustainable energy storage company, Redflow Ltd
Topic: Opportunities and barriers for new technologies in the next generation grid
● Jimmy Khoo, Managing Director of Singapore District Cooling/Singapore Power Group
Topic: Benefits of district cooling for cities – The Singapore experience
● Vivien Griffin, President of Zero Emissions Noosa, not-for-profit organisation aiming for zero emissions in the Noosa Shire by 2026
Topic: The challenges and opportunities of community projects
● Anna Ricketts, Business Development and Learning Advisor at Envirocom Australia
Topic: Education and behaviour change – Tools for community change
● Tina Perfrement, Economic Development, Greater City of Geelong
Topic: Transforming our economy, one cleantech product at a time
● Simon Tannock, Director of AlgaEnviro
Topic: Future of healthy water – Goodbye to weed harvesters, toxic algae and fish kills
● Chris Drake, Founder of Ocean Hydro
● Steven Speldewinde, Director of The Social Deck
Topic: How we might address barriers to businesses installing rooftop solar
● Ian Brandes de Roos, Principal at Rockwater
Topic: Sedimentary basins for geothermal energy – The Montgomery House geothermal
● Beau Frith, Owner of Natural Cool Air
Topic: How we can design living, breathing, frictionless spaces around sustainable cooling
This important cleantech event will also be a vehicle for the development of a National Regional Cleantech Network, inviting participation from various regional centres who have a cleantech emphasis. The aim of the Network is to generate new business opportunities, enhance competitive advantages and create added value for companies, higher educational institutions and local authorities within the target regions.
– For more information on speakers see https://nctce.com.au/speaker/.
– For more information on the program see https://nctce.com.au/conference/program/
– For tickets visit: https://nctce.com.au/
Also see the event trailer video: https://youtu.be/fTwrLjxNnuI
Also follow the conference’s dedicated social channels:
For more information and to arrange interviews, contact:
Jo Gitsham, The Creative Collective, [email protected], 0404 837 609