If everyone does a little, it really can help a lot
As a dedicated social responsibility business, each year we choose a project or cause to work with extensively who have a cause we feel passionate about supporting. We encourage you to support them too, and also to take corporate social responsibility seriously and do what you can in business to support others.
PEOPLE & ORGANISATIONS WE HAVE HELPED
2020 – 2021
Connecting Up is an Australian registered charity and not-for-profit organisation committed to building stronger communities through technology.
Since 2007, a growing list of leading tech companies have partnered with Connecting Up to support the Australian and New Zealand charity sector with donated and discounted IT products, online learning and specialised consulting services. Connecting Up’s program is free to join and free to access. Their membership of over 30,000 not for profits rely on they to supply them with best-in-market prices on IT hardware, software, and training services.
Both The Creative Collective and The Training Collective have an ongoing contract with Connecting Up, delivering free consults as well as competitive rates for ongoing services. We have also spoken in person at their national conferences in Brisbane + Auckland.
2018 – 2021
Teens Take Control (TTC) is a youth based non for-profit charity that endorses an individual focus and begins to reconnect young people with a sense of community through our various programs and services.
We have worked with Teens Take Control and helped to create a brand new website for free. Our Director Yvette has also maintained a relationship with the organisation and regularly provides extra marketing support with fundraisers and raffles.
LIVES UNLIVED PROJECT
Sands Australia is a charity supporting anyone with experience of miscarriage, stillbirth or newborn death.
The charity suffers badly from lack of profile, hampering its ability to support those who experience bereavement in this way and needs to achieve a major uplift in public awareness – with zero budget.
We worked pro bono with Sands, Town Square (an agency out of Melbourne) and Red Republic as a network of partners supporting Sands in the Lives Unlived Project.
2014 – 2015
We commenced working with Group X in 2014. Their aim was to educate and connect industry and young people with a view to boosting the number of students interested in undertaking a career in ICT.
Since the establishment of Group X in 2008, ICT tertiary student numbers in Queensland have increased significantly (some 80 per cent) despite a continued downturn in the number of ICT tertiary students elsewhere in Australia.
Group X also supports a range of ICT initiatives for young people in Queensland, including ICT focused camps, careers markets and challenges such as RoboCup Junior.
Following the success of this program in Queensland, the Australian Government invested $6.5 million over four years in a new initiative called Digital Careers, which was based on the Group X program, but at the national level. We worked extensively with Digital Careers with many of our services discounted, and some hours performed for free. Working with Digital Careers we completed:
- New brand
- Visual identity kit
- Website (one in 2014 and another in 2017)
- Monthly marketing activities including social media management, facebook advertising, reporting, consulting
- Search engine optimisation
- EDM – preparation of email templates + regular email communications
Did you know over 100,000 people in Australia are homeless? Street Swags manufacture a durable and comfortable swag to provide practical support to alleviate the hardships of homeless people. The Street Swags that are distributed across Australia are manufactured at both Woodford Correctional Centre in Queensland and Grafton Correctional Centre in New South Wales. This gives the prisoners work readiness skills along with tertiary qualifications, whilst being involved in meaningful work.
MORE ORGANISATIONS WE HAVE SUPPORTED IN THE PAST:
- Red Cross Australia – When the earthquake hit Christchurch in February 2011, our hearts stopped. We knew we had to do something. We arranged a charity lunch to be held on the Sunshine Coast and associated press, and managed to raise $13,997AUD which translated into approximately $17,000NZD to support the NZ Red Cross efforts in the field there. We continue to support them annually. Watch this haunting video of the devastation in Christchurch prepared for that lunch by one of our staff, Jag Quimby.
- Lynedoch EcoVillage Development, South Africa – Lynedoch EcoVillage Development is in Stellenbosch, a University town 30 minutes drive inland from Cape Town in South Africa. A friend of the Creative Collective’s director ran a Youth Group here every week day after school with anything between 15 and 30 (or more) kids turn up for a couple of hours each day. They only had one computer to share, and not a good one at that, so we supported an initiative to buy more computers for the Youth Group and the kids who use it so they could enjoy learning and develop key skills via the games on the computer.
- Maggie’s DreamCatcher – Maggie’s Dreamcatcher is a charity set up to build and fund a hospital in Dharamsala, Northern India. We supported the organisation by offering completing work for free on behalf of the organisation in various capacities. Please help them achieve their goal by donating money here towards this great cause or by buying Who is George? a colourful children’s book written by Cheryl Ryan for the purpose of raising funds towards the charity. You can read more about the book and the charity on this website.
- Sunshine Coast Community Hospice – The Sunshine Coast Community Hospice offers palliative care for individuals both adults and children and their loved ones as they learn to live with a life threatening illness. We supported the organisation by offering free PR and media consultancy services and provided assistance with the launch event held at Lake Kawana Community Centre on Friday May 23rd 2007 which featured 600 guests including Allan Pease (MC), Ashley Robinson (auctioneer), Katie Richardson (Miss World Australia) and many other esteemeed guests from the community. Please help them achieve their goal by donating money here towards this great cause or becoming a Friend of the Hospice (FOH). You can read more about the charity on this website.
- University of the Sunshine Coast Bursary Scholarship – For a 3 year period from 2010 – 2012 we offered an end of term cash bursary to a student who excelled in the Global eBusiness course. It was our pleasure to support the up and coming future business people!
- The Beacon Foundation – The Beacon Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that seeks to influence the attitudes and culture of Australians so that each young person develops an independent will to achieve personal success for themselves and their community. We worked with the Queensland Beacon Foundation office and featured at careers days at local high schools for ‘at risk’ students, promoting the Foundation’s efforts to our clients and other key contacts.
- Connect4Expo – The Sunshine Coast features a wide range of youth services. From support services to sports groups, education and training providers, business and industry, community groups and of course, parents and families. However in the busy world we live in, it is often difficult to know what services are out there when you most need them. As part of Social Inclusion Week we worked with a range of local organisations to put on a fun multi-faceted event aimed at parents, students and those who target or deal with young people on the Sunshine Coast.
WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OUR SUPPORT?
Each year at Christmas time, we accept applications from charities and not for profits and then choose one which we will work with for the next 12 months who have a cause we feel passionate about supporting. The support we provide is not monetary but still amounts to a lot of value. Basically we will be at your disposal for marketing support for a full 12 months be it design, consulting or other items, and you will have full access to all of our training opportunities, totalling thousands of dollars of value.
We are particularly interested in supporting charities which work with youth, education and/or technology in some shape or form. We encourage you to apply to be this year’s nominated charity by completing the short form below by 1 December each year.
The charity/not for profit will be selected and announced in the last week of business of the year by our in house team, and the lucky recipient notified via email and announced on our social channels.
Good luck and please feel free to share this page!
Hear from our Customers
The outcomes of working with Creative Collective have been very good and are achieving results. We would like to discuss extending our monthly agreement as we are very happy with the work that has been undertaken to date.
Port Stephens Tourism
On behalf of the PGSR Team I would like to thank the TCC team for all the marketing wizardry you guys have coerced, recommended, and created providing the PGSR business with exposure we would have struggled to achieve without the TCC team. Thank you.
Yvette blew me away with her practical knowledge of Linkedin and how to use it for best business outcomes. It was phenomenal value.
Yvette is a brilliant trainer who makes you feel comfortable and who you can relate easily too on many levels. Her knowledge is practical and you get a strong sense she practices what she preaches and it works for her so it will definitely be of benefit.
Strong sense she practices what she preaches
Yvette was an amazing facilitator and leader, she followed the lead from the class and adapted everything on the spot. Her style was perfect, relaxed and intuitive. Thanks for a great day!
Style was perfect, relaxed and intuitive
There’s a lot of information out there about how to use social media. Doing the workshop with the creative collective not only distilled everything into a 1-day course but it was the additional knowledge of Yvette’s experience that you can’t get out of a text book that were the real take home gems.
Real take home gems
I thoroughly enjoyed the positive energy and fun Yvette brought to the course. She is fantastic and I have learnt much more than I expected throughout the day! Thankyou so much The Creative Collective Team 🙂
Thoroughly enjoyed the positive energy and fun
Excellent session that opened the doors to senior management being able to network and market the business. Yvette’s knowledge and presentation style ensured everyone was engaged and keen to go back to their profile to see how they could improve it.
Knowledge and presentation style ensured everyone was engaged
The Social Media Strategy course led by Yvette was so informative, not only did I learn the fundamentals of building a business online, I also left with a completed strategy and the steps I need to achieve my business goals.
I left with a completed strategy
As not an experienced Facebook user I felt the training session was very relevant, stayed on task, moved at a great pace and was very informative. Yvette was a passionate and inspirational trainer and I would love to book into more training sessions.
Passionate and inspirational trainer
Some of the tips and tricks alone are worth the price of admission and the level of enthusiasm, knowledge and experience that Yvette brings to the training is priceless.
The level of enthusiasm, knowledge and experience is peerless
I was blown away by Yvette’s credentials. Totally not expecting to hear her amazing success story and it left me feeling inspired and empowered. Having a trainer who lives and breathes (and has created) the success they are training in, makes the experience more powerful and the content more believable.
Blown away by Yvette’s credentials
I have never sat through such a worthwhile training session in my entire career. There was so much new content that I hadn’t known about and the excitement created by Yvette to get in and get LinkedIn working for me was FANTASTIC!
Never sat through such a worthwhile training session in my entire career
Yvette knows her subject well and can back it up with real-life examples and scenarios. Her no-nonsense approach ensures clients stay focused and derive maximum value from their session. This training was invaluable in alerting senior decision-makers to social risks and opportunities for our organisation. The Leadership Team better appreciates that we need to incorporate a considered and targetted social media strategy into our marketing mix.
Knows her subject well
Yvette went above and beyond in her preparation for our training and delivered an excellent course. We have some real gems of information and actions to take away.
Above and beyond
“Thank you to the Creative Collective Team for working with us to create a fresh brand, a website and their continued work with SEO to help us increase our website traffic Australia wide. Their friendly team are always willing to assist, are quick to respond if needed and always have great new ideas on how we can drive results. Our monthly meetings are a great way for us to discuss our website visibility growth and are always informative, helping to set the agenda for the month moving forward. We hope to continue our working relationship and to continue increasing our organic search positions.”
Boiling Point Services
Thank you for all this information and all your work for us over the last 12 months. We have had fantastic results from both SEO & Google advertising. Our website sales have increased 10 fold. We have been introduced to many new fantastic clients via Google, many that have spent considerable amounts of money with us. The website support has been fantastic and our website looks amazing and functions well. Thank you
“What a journey, and what a sensational result! Have spent some time this evening navigating through the back end of the site, making updates, additions and edits – very happy with the usability post handover. Congratulations on your creation and the teamwork that has brought about this better than expected result for our new brand and website.”
Cherbourg Council – Website
We have been working with Allan from the Creative Collective for around 3 years now and have never had a moments doubt that we are with the right team for us. Quick to respond to support emails and come back with a time table to sort the issue if it cannot be resolved immediately. We are very happy with the consistent uptime and response time of our website. We highly recommend Creative Collective.
Sandra Petty – Yumba Bimbi
I just wanted to say that today was one of the best 4 hours of strategy I have ever spent and so excited and reinvigorated about our digital strategy moving forward. A lot of companies online say they offer ‘strategy support’ but this exceeded my expectations. Please pass on my thanks to Yvette also, she was great. A few of my colleagues are also looking at social strategy right now so I will pass on your details, as I was raving about the session and they are now keen to do their own. Thanks again, and excited for the next steps.