ADELAIDE - Social Media Strategy Workshop
Full day session: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Whether you’re currently participating in social media for personal or professional reasons, if you want to have a cracking 2018 in business you need to be doing social media well! Come along to this full day workshop and gain an overview on each of the major social networks, improve your approach to developing content and images and walk away with an actionable social media strategy.
This workshop is hands on and interactive so bring a laptop (not a tablet) to put what you learn into action there and then!
- 10 reasons why you should care about social media
- What are the major social networks (Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube)? How many users do they each have? What kinds of users?
- What about the other networks? Pinterest? Twitter? Snapchat? Google+? What are they? Should you be on them?
- Defining your objectives – find out what tangible results it is possible to achieve on social networks and use these to define your own company’s objectives for using social media
- Defining your target market – depending on your geographic location, and area of specialty, you may wish to target different segments of the market. Find out how this is possible on social media.
- What is your brand voice – the way you ‘speak’ on social media may be different to your other communication channels. What will your voice be? What will you talk about? How will you stay interesting?
- Structure - Profiles, pages, groups, likes, followers - what does it all mean and have you got the right structure to move forwards with? What to do if you have multiple pages or the wrong structure. How do you optimise the accounts you have got?
- The social media success wheel – the 7 steps you should follow to get started and succeed on social media
- Content creation - How to create and share content across social networks in minimum time and with maximum effect – banish writers block and come up with a string of great things to share on social media and learn about scheduling tools which allow you to post in advance, which can reduce your social media time investment down to just 30 minutes per week after set up
- Post, manage and respond - Once you're established on social media, you need to schedule posts on a regular basis. So how often should you post? Should you post direct on the networks or via professional scheduling tools? What is the best time to post? How do you manage and respond to comments and direct messages - positive and negative resulting from your posts?
- Analyse, report & improve - How do you measure results from social media and tie these back to your objectives? What should you use to analyse your results and how do you collate it into a report to share with your boss or team and improve from.
Who should attend and prerequisites
• People who have established social media networks but who aren't confident they are set up correctly or doing 'the right thing'
• People who are 'doing social media posts' but don't feel like they are getting results from their efforts
• People who have no idea when to write, and what to write about on social networks
• People who want to learn about tools that will help them monitor and manage their social media accounts more efficiently
• Students should have a strong working knowledge of either Mac or Windows.
LOCATIONFlinders University at Tonsley
Level 5, Room 5.30 1284 South Road, Clovelly Park │ South Australia │ 5042
Nic Henry Jones has over 10 years Digital Marketing experience. She's a highly driven business creative who is passionate about helping business owners and entrepreneurs, market their businesses in smart ways. She has facilitated many workshops in her time in business, and is now called upon by regional councils to facilitate training for them on a regular basis. She resides in the Adelaide Hills with her 3 children (including twin boys).