What Type of Websites We Make
The Creative Collective has developed hundreds of websites on a variety of platforms and have even devised innovative systems to cut out the common frustrations experienced both client and agency side around any given website development.
These include our ever popular website in a day, where working in person (where geography permits) or on Skype or other online mechanism, alongside a project manager, lead web developer and support web developer, we can create you a website in just ONE DAY. See our website in a day
page for more information on these projects.
We can also approach websites in a more traditional way, by conducting a creative brief, and then assisting you to prepare a scope of works. Some clients even engage us to workshop with them and help them devise a website strategy, and prepare a formal scope of works/request for quote. In some cases we will then also apply for their RFQ.
By working with us, you are accessing web development specialists who are leaders in their field who use a suite of professional tools and software to get the desired results. We commit to regular R&D (research and development) to keep up with the latest and greatest social media trends and techniques, so you don't have to. Our range of web services cater for most budgets and circumstances however should you wish to discuss your requirements with us please do not hesitate to contact us
Web design & development process
Business Catalyst websites include everything most people need to run a successful online business including Content Management System (CMS), E-Marketing, Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), E-Commerce, FAQs, Members Area, Forums, Affiliate Programs & more, all in the one system! Trial a Business Catalyst site free here.
WordPress started off life as a blogging platform but has now developed into one of the world’smost popular (and free) CMS’s. Wordpress has a variety of available modules (known as plug-ins on Wordpress). Some well known and globally respected brands use Wordpress as their CMS.
Website in a Day!
Do you need an effective website in a hurry or does your current website need an upgrade but you don't want to invest a fortune? We have managed to fine-tune the process of a website build into an eight hour period (9am - 5pm). Working on Skype, alongside both a creative strategist/content uploader and an experienced and cutting-edge website developer, you will be amazed at what can be achieved in such a short space of time. Click here for more information on this extremely affordable service.
How long does it take to build a website?
We generally approach our website design & developments in a few key phases:
- Website brief - We meet with the decision makers of your business to discuss the requirements for your website in more detail i.e. vision, strategies, goals and objectives; target market; required look and feel; calls to action, review sites you like and rough out a navigation/site map. There is no need to bring anything to this session. We will extract all the information we require from you, and provide you with a handy checklist of items to supply us with via email after the session.
- The Design -We will either send you a list of themes to choose from prior to the build day, or if we are preparing a custom design, we will supply you with some design concepts to approve.
- The Build - We will schedule a day to work on the website when key decision makers are available to provide feedback online as we build your website real time. This saves on lots of back and forth! It’s like watching an experienced chef whip up a gourmet meal in the kitchen while you salivate. The process of building a website will include styling the theme to suit your branding, creating the menu structure as agreed on in your site map during the brief, uploading your supplied content, images and videos, and adding in any other functionality agreed on in the brief i.e. contact forms, ecommerce functionality, integration with Mailchimp or other 3rd party systems etc.
- Optimising The Site - After the day of the build we will complete a variety of items as outlined on your estimate including ensuring Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Tools is correctly set up on your site, submitting the site map to Google so it indexes quickly and will be updated as you make updates to the site, and conducting some keyword research and optimising the website pages.
- Go Live - Immediately prior to going live we will make sure the site is good to go with full testing and quality checks on different browsers to ensure compliance and functionality. We will also make the site live on our hosting server, or on your preferred host.
- Training & Handover - We will arrange a one-on-one training and handover session to show you the ropes of your new website! Some people prefer to do this before the site goes live, others prefer it after. The choice is up to you!
Whilst we can provide rough guidelines on how long a site will take to build based on previous experience, the client will generally dictate the speed at which a website is built, depending on how long they take to provide approvals for different stages of the development, and also how long the content takes to collate and supply (which the client generally sources and writes, unless we are contracted otherwise).The duration of any given website design and development project will also dependent on the size of the project i.e. it's level of customisation and complexity, and also our current production schedule. But be assured that if you have a deadline to make, we can make it happen!
Be assured that by using The Creative Collective you are accessing only the best in talent and that better still, we'll be professional, but fun to work with!
Meet all of our team
Founder, Partner, Digital Marketing Specialist & Trainer
Graphic / Web Design and Developer
Web Developer | Wordpress & Coding Trainer
Web Design and Developer / Support