Web Designer / Technical Support Traineeship
One of Australia’s leading digital marketing agencies is looking for a trainee to join our growing team.
The proposed traineeship is Information, Digital Media and Technology Level III which would qualify the successful candidate with a Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology upon completion with studies focused towards web design.
The role will be challenging, fast paced and you will learn loads from the highly skilled professionals that make up our team. You will play an integral role in the web design team, supporting senior developers, but will also be involved in providing technical support to customers (such as troubleshooting, email setup etc), updating client websites, working on the company’s internal website/s, as well as managing domains and hosting. Hours are also flexible around study commitments.
This is a full time role, based on the Sunshine Coast, but you will also work closely with any one of our four account managers who are based in Newcastle, NSW; Sunshine Coast & Brisbane, and who service clients across Australia.
This role is available for an immediate start and suits a recent school leaver who also possesses the following skills:
- have demonstrated basic web design/coding skills (HTML/css ideal) or have built your own website/s before
- have demonstrated design skills i.e. proficiency in the use of Photoshop
- have good communication skills and be confident with talking to clients in a professional manner via phone or written methods
- have an ability to follow procedures and be a fast learner
- thrive on working on multiple projects and clients at one time - you’ll be a good prioritiser and have excellent time management
If this sounds like you and you would like to hear more, apply with an updated copy of your CV and a cover letter as to why you would be an asset to our team.
Benefits of working with us:
To apply, fill in the careers form to your right and be sure to attach your resume and/or portfolio.
- A modern and fun working environment and culture - we’re professional but like to have fun along the way!
- Further training opportunities outside of your formal traineeship, including:
- Additional training courses through sister company, The Training Collective
- Additional training, exposure and events through our Google Partner status
- Personal Development training opportunities either individually or as part of the team
- Additional training you would like to attend may also be approved, up to the value of $1000 per year
- Exposure to a vast array of services, including innovative and cutting edge services, not yet offered by many agencies in Australia
- You will get to work with a vast array of clients, including an emerging speciality area in tech products & working with up and coming tech entrepreneurs
- Career development and progression opportunities as our company is currently experiencing a 20% growth year on year
To be successful, you will have proven experience in digital marketing or social media and community management and social media advertising. You will have executed robust and impactful social campaigns that drove audience, engagement and business results.
We are ideally looking for individuals who also have commercial experience, who can adopt the right tone of voice, leverage knowledge to drive impact through channels and be a key member of our team to help our clients develop and implement the right social strategy to achieve business outcomes. Successful individuals will have high energy and passion, and a commitment to delivering excellence, as well as a pulse on social trends and a hunger to innovate.
We’re not looking for people who have a social media page and 2 followers. You must have a proven track record/portfolio to demonstrate your social media prowess and be able to prove you understand sales funnels and the full spectrum of social media advertising and how this interacts with social media posting including the latest updates. You should have experience developing lead pages and split testing to find the best conversion formulas. Marketing nous will go a long way in developing strategies to move audiences through a pre-defined sales funnel.
You must have good communication and time management skills, adhere to client budgets and pre-defined briefs.
Due to a continued demand for our services we are seeking urgently web developers with advanced Wordpress experience. You will be able to work dynamically with other developers and project managers to tight deadlines. We even offer a website in a day
package so you must be skilled enough to work under pressure with good time management and communication skills, and ensuring client expectations are met.
You will have experience and an understanding of best practice in installing themes, customising themes, be aware of the best plugins and their capabilities, and know how to make a site look great and function beautifully with a strong understanding of the need for mobile responsiveness.
Custom development/programming experience also well regarded, as would be Adobe Business Catalyst experience.
We’re not just looking for people who can make a pretty looking website that looks like all the others out there. You must have a proven track record/portfolio to demonstrate your prowess and be able to prove you understand key marketing principles when it comes to web design, including search engine optimisation, social media, and the latest web design/development trends.
Submit your expression of interest on the form to the right!
Calling all SEO specialists
(contractor basis but high likelihood of regular work):
Due to a continued demand for our services we are seeking urgently SEO specialists with a proven track record who are completely up to date with best practice in SEO. As we are a Google Partner company, you ideally will have engaged in Google Analytics training/certification or would be willing to engage in it.
You will be able to work dynamically with our existing team and project managers to tight deadlines. You have good time management and communication skills, and ensuring client expectations are met.
You will have a go to list for link building/directory activity, highly experienced in both on page and off page SEO strategies, understand Local SEO principals and know your way around Google Analytics, Google My Business, and Google Webmaster Tools.
We’re not just looking for people who have just started with SEO. You must have a proven track record/portfolio to demonstrate your prowess and have worked with a range of businesses and industries, and be able to prove you are up with the latest trends and algorithm updates.
Submit your expression of interest on the form to the right!
WORK EXPERIENCE STUDENTS & INTERNS!
We are always open to hearing from eager students who are looking to hone their craft and develop new skills in an on location environment. Work experience can be from as little as 1 day a week up to a full time schedule depending on your availability and requirements and will be based at either our Sunshine Coast, QLD or Newcastle, NSW office.
With hundreds of clients around Australia and even internationally across multiple industries, this is a great opportunity to gain experience with a small business and gain deep insights into the workings of a creative agency, and all facets of marketing, in particular digital marketing.
The successful applicant MUST also be/have the following skills and/or qualities:
- Outstanding time management skills
- Excellent prioritiser and multi-tasker
- Problem solver
- Internet savvy
- Possess an ever-positive, can-do attitude