- How to get online with faster internet, and being safe and smart online with storage and backups. Learn about ISPs (internet service providers), NBN versus Broadband, satellite – how to research a provider, get online etc.
- Storage options and keeping your data safe. Introduction to tools such as Dropbox, box.net, G Drive and more. Things you need to know about backups in the cloud and best practice measures to keep your data & business safe online.
- Working more efficiently online – An introduction to the G Suite, Office 365, and basic and essential uses of cloud technology, Google Calendar, Gmail, Drive etc.
- Communication & Collaboration systems – Learn how to gaining efficiencies on email, and systems and solutions to manage your burgeoning incoming communications including instant messaging, Slack, Skype, Viber & more
This event is provided by Sunshine Coast Council at a heavily discounted rate. Come along solo, or bring the whole team!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- People who are not already connected to NBN or fast speed internet
- People who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding being safe and smart online
- People who are not currently backing up their data online
- People who are backing their data up online but who would be open to discovering new systems and tools which could improve efficiency or outcomes
- People who are motivated to work more efficiently online and who may or may not be using cloud technology for diary management, document creation and collaboration and more
- People who would like to learn hacks to manage a burgeoning inbox
- People who would like to explore new collaboration and communication tools and who are open to considering new ways of doing things in their business for maximum efficiency
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY
- A dynamic and interactive half day workshop
- A workbook – work on it live at the workshop and take it home with you
- Coffee & tea on arrival + morning tea
- An informative event full of practical advice from someone who knows what they are talking about
- The opportunity to network with other local businesses
- The opportunity talk to the speaker before the event, in the break and afterwards!
- Inspiration, information and innovative techniques to take home and try too
- Live demonstrations
Please arrive at 830am for a 9am start to make the most of the networking and light refreshments.